A divorce is never a pleasant thing, a lot of things happen to someone who is going through or has passed through a divorce. And that is because when the person went into that marriage relationship, the person had believed that it would last forever, but alas life happened, and the marriage ends up breaking up. The various emotions a divorced person goes through are numerous, pain, shame, failure, blames, gossip, fear, mistrust, anger, indifference, emptiness etc. if one is not careful, all these emotions can engulf the divorced person, and lead to very harmful emotional and psychological conditions.
The good news here is that you can actually get your life after a divorce, yes, you can in fact, have your best life after a divorce and here is how…..
- STOP THE BLAME– get out of that ‘maybe if I had done this, maybe if I had done that’ situation. Admit that you gave it your best shot, it didn’t work out eventually because maybe it wasn’t meant to be. Also understand that nobody has a permanent fixture in your life, people come into your life, do what they are meant to do at that moment and leave. Believe that your partner leaving was probably meant to be.
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH YAY SAYERS– this works all the time, rather than wallow in misery or be with people who would always remind you of what you didn’t do right, which may have contributed to the break up. Surround yourself with positive people, people who see the best in you, people who come up with opportunities for you. People who encourage you to pursue your dreams and be the best you can be. Trust me, this works.
- GET BUSY– this is highly recommended, find something to do. Immerse yourself in your work, career or business. Take on new challenges, open yourself to new opportunities. Work your bones out so that when you get home, all you are thinking of is how to dive under your bed and sleep till morning. Engaging your mind constantly with activities, especially the ones that would bring money works like magic.
- HAVE FUN– socialize for Pete’s sake. Have an amazing fun life, go out for parties, weddings, concerts, events, movies, spa treats, dance classes, etc. Whatever it is you enjoy doing. You know why, these fun distractions take your mind off thinking, and guess what! Your ex is probably having the best times of their lives out there, so why should you be the odd one out? Make it a duty to do something fun each week and you will see that you are mostly happy all the time.
- OPEN YOURSELF FOR A NEW RELATIONSHIP– there is no reason why you can’t start a fresh relationship because your former one failed. There is still that special someone out there, who is longing to meet you. Be ready to have a relationship with someone who adores you and understands your worth. Do not wear your heart on a plate, be sure that when you give your heart, its for the right reasons.
- PRAY– if you believe in God, pray all the time. Pray for help, pray for direction but above all, pray for healing. So you don’t go into the next relationship with baggage’s of your past relationship.
Try all these tips and let me know how it worked for you…..you can send an email to email@example.com